7 TIPS FOR MAINTAINING STEAM IRON | Six Star Hotel Equipmentduxfordsixstarhotelequipment
7 TIPS FOR MAINTAINING STEAM IRON
It’s important to keep your steam irons in good working order. Not only will this prolong their life, but it will also ensure that your customer’s clothes are always pressed to perfection.
Here are seven tips for maintaining your steam iron:
1. Always empty the water tank after use. This will prevent the formation of rust and mineral deposits.
2. Don’t store the iron with the water tank empty. This can damage the heating element.
3. Descale your iron regularly, using either a commercial descaling solution or a mixture of vinegar and water. This will remove any mineral deposits that have built up inside the iron.
4. Clean the soleplate with a damp cloth after each use. This will remove any dirt or fabric residues that have been left behind.
5. If you notice any leaks, take your iron to a service center for repairs as soon as possible. Leaks can damage both the iron and your clothes.
6. Store your iron in a cool, dry place when not in use. humid conditions can lead to rusting and corrosion.
7. Finally, make sure to unplug your iron when you’re finished.